Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Contests

My daughter texted me today and said she had started her workout yesterday and was doing very well.  She then wanted to know what the prize was going to be if she lost more than her sister and I did.  Well I went shopping and bought a prize that I wanted and informed her that I was going to win.  Well her sister texted me and said she didn't know about a contest but it didn't matter because she would win.  Well later somehow dad gets involved and said he would win because he had already lost 1.8 pounds!  I have lost 2!

Isn't this fun? Sometimes it is fun to compete with each other.  We just need to make sure we are not competing with God.  How do we do that you might say.  Well if we spend all our time doing other things and no time with God then I think we have our priorities in the wrong place.  God wants our time to be spent in serving Him, in praising Him, in thanking Him.

He doesn't mind if we are having family fun but don't over do it.  I'll let you know when I win!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, God is a jealous God. He wants all of us. I am all for that. Love your contest and I hope you win. :)

    ReplyDelete