Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vacations

I really enjoy going away for awhile.  I think it is so refreshing.  When you come back you are supposed to be rested and ready to get back into the swing of things again.  Sometimes that doesn't happen. Sometimes we work so hard at having a good time we tire ourselves out. Then when we return we are still tired and not ready to get back to our regular lives.

"Be still and know that I am God"  God said this.  He knew we needed time to rest.  I am looking forward to August.  I get to go to Polishing the Pulpit Workshop in the Smoky Mountains.  Now you spend a lot of time in classes learning about God but to wake up in the morning and see the beautiy of the mountains that God created is awsome!  Growing up in that part of the country I often heard people say that was God's country.  They were right!  I know the rest of the country is His too but unless you have been there... I do intend to rest some while there but the big vacation doesn't come until October!

Spending time in God's word is also refreshing and we do not have to get totally away to do that.  We can get away from TV or whatever distracts us and spend time with God.  Reading His word and talking to Him is the most uplifting/refreshing thing we can do.

How are you going to spend your vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment