Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pricked to the heart

Have you ever been pricked to the heart?  Reading in Acts we find that when Peter pointed out to the people what they had done they were pricked to the heart.  So sorry, so deeply sorry for what they had done or let be done.

As small children we are told, say you are sorry.  And we say I'm sorry.  I often wonder how many times we said that and really were not sorry.  As we grow older we are or should be more aware of what that means.

I never intend to hurt anyone by my words or actions and if I do I am truly sorry.  It isn't something we wake up in the morning thinking I am going to hurt someone today. 

Sometimes we hurt others by not doing or saying something.  How often do we "pass by on the other side" to avoid someone or to avoid doing something for someone?  How often do we find excuses for not doing what God intended for us to do?

Maybe we should be pricked to the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment