Monday, April 9, 2012

I climbed the rock again!

My daughter and her husband and two dogs came for a visit.  We all went to Enchanted Rock.  I climbed it again!  This time we followed the trail up and down.  No sidetracks for us.  The younger ones went to explore some caves. 

While we were up on top Doug and I were thinking about "The Flood".  Doug said this rock/mountain was covered in water.  Then I began to think about the Himalayan Mountains.  They are really tall mountains.  The Bible says all the earth was flooded.  That was a lot of water.  Our God is so awsome.  He made those majestic mountains and then covered them with water.  He washed away all the sin that was in the world at that time. 

When we are baptized all of our sins are washed away.  After the flood it did not take man long to begin sinning again.  How long after all of our sins are washed away do we begin sinning again?

On Sunday I am sure you heard a sermon about Jesus' death on the cross.  How His blood was shed for us.  He did that for us.  How soon after that lesson did we begin sinning again?

Something to think about!

2 comments:

  1. I am LOVING reading your sweet blog...gets me to thinking too (which can also be dangerous at times) ;) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree - and I too am a deep thinker. I wish I had the time for a blog to get all my deep thoughts out! I use facebook for that occasionally, but I am enjoying your blog! Thank you! So nice to get to know you through your little stories : )

    ReplyDelete