Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What If!

When my children were little they would say but what if.  I told them we don't do what ifs.  They didn't happen and no point in thinking about them.

Last night Doug and I watched a movie called "What If".  It was similar to "It is't A Wonderful Life" and another movie I can't think of the name of.  Anyway it got me to thinking which can sometimes be dangerous.

We had a friend stop by after we had seen the movie.  Doug was telling him about the movie and he began to say some "What ifs".  Things like What if you had not moved here, What if you had not ever met each other.  Stuff like that.  Some of that could be scarry.  (That is one reason I didn't like for my children to think about What Ifs.)

But what if Jesus had not died for our sins?  What if there was not a heaven?  What if God did not love us?

I am thankful for salvation.  I am thankful there is a heaven and that God loves us.  I am thankful for forgiveness.  We don't have to do "What Ifs" and isn't that great!

No comments:

Post a Comment